Adsense

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dinner at Bella Marino, Straits Quay

I had dinner at Bella Marino at Straits Quay in Penang some time back and the restaurant serves fine dining - as in delicious small portions with higher price. The red and green table cloths remind me of Christmas. I am not sure if the restaurant owner is a Christian!

This was my order of Salmone al Forno - a baked fillet of salmon with eggplant puree served in a rosemary butter sauce - YUM! The eggplant puree makes the dish all the more tantalizing and scrumptious. 

This was fish served with baby potatoes and other vegetables with a generous portion of secret sauce. 

I was also in Penang Times Square and went to Food Gallery, the biggest food court in Penang serving Chinese to Western and Malay cuisines. This was almond-fried fish with lemon butter sauce. The price was quite reasonable considering that you get to dine in an air-conditioned place and comfortable cushioned chairs.

A beautiful large bouquet of purple orchids with tiny blue flowers mixed with white orchids. I love the ensemble and flower arrangement!

1 comment:

  1. The food looks good and not a waste in checking out.

    ReplyDelete