Adsense

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thai Cuisine at Thai Baiyok Restaurant

Just last month, I treated my parents to Thai cuisine at Thai Baiyok Restaurant at Heritage Club just opposite Penang Sports Club. Above is the combination of orders that I made for the 3 of us. I was suppose to go to the bank to settle my fixed deposits and got my dad to be my chauffeur. In return for the favor, I treated them at this new restaurant. It was our first visit.

Above is 'belacan' fried rice that comes with julienne mangos, bird's eye chilly which is extremely hot and spicy if you are not used to it, onions, julienne cucumber, cut long beans and topped with fried egg. I love belacan fried rice for its flavorful taste and succulent, crunchy vegetables that are paired with the rice. 

This is otak that was served and wrapped in aluminium foil shaped like a swan. Otak consists of fish, fragrant coconut milk, prawns and other seafood like calamari mixed with a blend of aromatic spices and steamed until cooked. You can also add basil leaves for the extra flavor and taste.

This sign board was put up at the entrance of the restaurant that serves Thai culinary. I don't mind patronizing this place again for its delicious Thai food but the bill can set you back by almost a hundred ringgit or about US dollars 35.00. If time permits and the pocket is deep, I love checking out new jaunts and food cafes to explore further in my dining pursuits all over Penang.  

2 comments:

  1. The presentation of the food is so great, this already makes the food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete