Adsense

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gourmet Tea

Today is the first of September and heralds a new beginning of the month. It is also pay day for me. As an aside, I am paid twice a month - one on the first and the other on the fifteenth. And I love to work from a home office. Just last night, I had lobster thermidor which I will put up the picture later on. I also had baked crabs and stir-fried vermicelli in a fishing village food cafe. We had to book a table, otherwise there will not be any place and you will have to wait until the diner finished their meals before getting an empty table. That's how popular the place is, regardless of how ramshackle it looks.

My friend had gourmet tea that came in a tea pot while I ordered 2 glasses of orange juice. The lobster thermidor was succulent! There was plenty of cheese, button mushrooms and lots of onions baked together with the fresh lobster. The bill came to about $190 which was much cheaper than if you were to dine elsewhere in Penang. This particular food cafe is located in a fishing village by the seaside and is always patronized by diners that come from far and near. Singaporeans love this place for its very affordable yet delicious food. That is why it is always jammed packed with people.

The gourmet tea that my friend ordered was a type of Chinese tea called 'pu er'. It is not cheap either and the longer you keep it, the better it tastes just like wine. The older it ages, the more expensive it becomes. There are many types of gourmet tea and you can check out by clicking on the links given to read more about them. My favorite English tea is Earl Grey and Peppermint tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment