Adsense

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pictures of Mooncakes


I was busy recently and did not update this blog for some time. Anyway, here are some of the pictures of mooncakes that I had last month during the Mooncake Festival. Above is free mooncakes given by the hotel that my youngest sister stayed in Shanghai for her managers' meeting there. Three boxes have been taken out and given away leaving three more here. Notice the nice pattern of the box that is different from the conventional metal tin.

This is the Dragon Fruit Mooncake that I bought from Gurney Plaza that is made of lotus seed, bamboo charcoal powder for its jet black color, dragon fruit, sugar syrup, palm oil, melon seed and permitted food conditioner.


Another photo of the dragon fruit mooncake that is cut. The taste was quite nice and unusual as you seldom find dragon fruit flavor.


This is the greentea mooncake with the ubiquitous brown skin which is more common. The brown color came about as it is baked in the oven.


Here is a mixture of the mooncakes slices.


This is durian jelly mooncake that was order from a hotel restaurant while we were on business trip in Malaysia.

This is one of the 3 layer cakes from Kuching where my youngest sister went for her Choice church group. I like the unusual blue colored layer. It is chocolate almond layer cake.

2 comments:

  1. These are some most unusual mooncakes, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I should have visited your blog before the moon cake festival. I enjoy the photos of these lovely moon cakes!

    ReplyDelete